[tahoe-dev] 1.9 update: soon! Need help with PyCrypto-2.4!

Josh Wilcox wilcoxjg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 03:27:38 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 12:29 AM, Jimmy Tang <jcftang at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Zooko O'Whielacronx <zooko at zooko.com>wrote:
>

>> If anybody is dying to use Tahoe-LAFS v1.9 with Python 2.4, speak up now!
>>

> I do, but fortunately I can deal with it in my systems where i just
> package up newer python builds for myself. unfortunately i am away in
> germany and hong kong for the next 3weeks so I can't help debug and test
> this across all the python builds that i have :P
>
> jimmy.

  If I understand correctly the problems were stemming from the use of
pycrypto-2.4 _NOT_ python 2.4, so support of python 2.4 should continue
unperturbed.  It's possible I don't understand correctly though, so you
might want to ask this question again.

-- Za
“The beliefs which we have most* *warrant for, have no safeguard to rest
on, but a standing invitation to the whole world to prove them unfounded.”
John Stuart Mill
<http://allmydata.org>