[tahoe-dev] 1.9 update: soon! Need help with PyCrypto-2.4!

Jimmy Tang jcftang at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 13:03:30 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Zooko O'Whielacronx <zooko at zooko.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 1:29 AM, Jimmy Tang <jcftang at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> If anybody is dying to use Tahoe-LAFS v1.9 with Python 2.4, speak up
> now!
> >>

> > I do, but fortunately I can deal with it in my systems where i just
> package
> > up newer python builds for myself.
>
> I'm not sure I understand. You're saying that you currently use
> Tahoe-LAFS with Python 2.4, but that if we drop support for Python 2.4
> you can compensate by installing a newer Python on your systems?
>
> Okay, that's good to know. Thanks!
>
> Why do you use Python 2.4?

yes that is correct, i can compensate by upgrading to RHEL6 and its
equivalents or python itself, but other admins will not agree with that
strategy. we have a home brew build system for loading up environments
(with different software versions) so it is not a major issue at least for
me on current rhel5x based systems.

Thanks,
Jimmy.

--