[tahoe-dev] Need help with PyCrypto-2.4!
warner at lothar.com
Mon Oct 31 02:07:43 UTC 2011
Ok, following Zooko's suggestion (and our practice from the previous
PyCrypto-2.3), I'm going with the "host binary eggs of pycrypto-2.4 so
tahoe installations won't try to compile it themselves" route.
I've built binary .eggs of PyCrypto-2.4 for the two platforms available
to me (py2.6-linux-i686 and py2.6-macosx-10.6-universal). To get
platform parity with PyCrypto-2.3, we need folks on the following
platforms to build binary eggs and send them to us so we can host them
Act quick! Now's your chance to insert a rootkit into probably dozens
of fellow platform-users :-).
I'm going to release 1.9 without any other changes affecting it's use of
PyCrypto-2.4, which means:
* if you already have a source tree that works, updating it will keep
working (it will use the PyCrypto-2.3 .egg in your build/support/
* if you download the 1.9 tarball and build it on a system that already
has PyCrypto installed, it'll work
* if your system doesn't already have PyCrypto installed:
* if you're on a platform for which we have .eggs, it will work
* if you manually build and install PyCrypto yourself, it will work
* if you just run tahoe's "python setup.py build" twice, it will work
* it only fails if you don't already have PyCrypto installed, you
aren't on a platform for which we have an .egg, and you expect
tahoe's "python setup.py build" to work on the first attempt.
: please don't do this
More information about the tahoe-dev