[tahoe-dev] Join a dev grid or should I start my own?

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sun Apr 1 22:24:13 UTC 2012

  eventually hoped to build. I made the decision to go with C++ after
  discovering how slow python's FUSE library was (the global interpreter lock

the main access to tahoe is via the WAPI, which the CLI program uses.
So one could write a program in C with the fuse lib that made WAPI
calls, and then fuse should be no slower than the tahoe cli.

In the glorious future, tahoe would have a protocol spec that doesn't
involve referencing the behavior of particular python packages, and
multiple independent interoperable implementations in a variety of
languages.  But so far it doesn't seem ready for that.