[tahoe-dev] New web UI concept with Twitter Bootstrap

Tony Arcieri tony.arcieri at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 20:43:53 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I'm a big fan of Tahoe LAFS. However, one thing I'm not a fan of is the
present web UI. It seems a bit clunky and disorganized to me, and visually
it just doesn't look very good.

I've put together a concept for at least a new dashboard page using the
Twitter Bootstrap CSS framework. Here's a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/ia7c4.png

Please don't dive down into the nitty gritty yet (I've already gotten some
feedback that the alias-related stuff may not be doable). I'm mostly just
looking for a general reaction of whether or not it's a good idea to
"reboot" the web UI like this.

Overall, do you think this is a step up from the previous web UI?

I'm not sure how much people actually care about these sorts of features,
but it's built using a "responsive" layout that will gracefully degrade to
many different screen sizes, so for example it's easily viewable on
smartphones.

--
Tony Arcieri