[tahoe-dev] Warning or error when running Tahoe as root

Justin Stottlemyer justin.h.stottlemyer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 03:52:36 UTC 2012

Tahoe much like a web service should probably run in a semi protected
environment as a non privileged user (aka nobody) in most instances. Not a
knock to the OP, but I think this is a fairly standard Sys Admin task.
While it may not be friendly to the newest of users, it isn't unfriendly.

Perhaps, a quick start guide targeted towards users less used to building
environments of this sort would be the best bet. Though I thought it was
already there.

The use case mentioned by the OP I don't think was a typical one.  The
stages mentioned below may be a step in the right direction but I think a
better idea of the most common use cases and clear instructions
(documentation) are the best bet.

-- Justin