[tahoe-dev] new project

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Mon Aug 13 18:03:52 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

I'm building a new tool that might end up running on top of tahoe-lafs,
so I figure I might as well let folks know about it, and maybe drum up
some support.

Core idea is "smart documents that talk to each other via a peer-to-peer
protocol."
- start by writing and sending an HTML email to a group of people (say
everyone involved in working a trouble ticket)
- on receipt, the copies establish a peer-to-peer connection - updates
to one copy propagate to every other copy

Synchronized copies of documents, rather than sharing one copy via
Google Docs.  Sort of like Git, but for things like action items,
trouble tickets, work plans, reference documents, rather than software -
with all the code pushed into JavaScript libraries embedded into the
documents themselves.  (Maybe more like Fossil's embedded wiki - pushed
into the browser).

I'm looking at Atom as the serialization format, and thinking about
using tahoe-lafs files as a distributed publish-subscribe mechanism for
pushing Atom around (I seem to recall others posting about using
tahoe-lafs in a similar way - and would be interested in hearing if
anybody has moved forward along these lines!).

If you're interested, take a look at:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947703258/smart-notebooks-keeping-on-the-same-page-across-th

Comments, support, likes, tweets, +1s, reposts, blog postings, ...
welcomed!

Miles Fidelman