[tahoe-dev] configuring sqlite efficiency and durability

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Tue Dec 4 02:20:50 UTC 2012

I know you don't want to use postgresql for real, probably, but it would
be interesting to have a choice of databases to see what the effects
are.

  So in short, I'm in favor of using synchronous=NORMAL,
  journal_mode=WAL for all current uses of sqlite in Tahoe-LAFS. Let me
  know if you see a flaw in this reasoning!

No real flaw, but did you consider batching things with transactions, so
that lease updates in blocks can be durable?