[tahoe-dev] (Infrastructure) Mailing list change-address facility broken

Kevin Reid kpreid at switchb.org
Wed Feb 1 11:32:19 UTC 2012

  https://tahoe-lafs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/confirm/tahoe-announce/<token>

which brings me to a confirm button which is a POST form to

  http://tahoe-lafs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/confirm/tahoe-announce

which of course gives me an "insecure" browser warning, but besides that it simply doesn't work somehow - when I submit, I get a "Please enter a confirmation cookie" page. I suspect that http: is redirecting to https: and losing the POST data (which, incidentally, indicates the wrong type of HTTP redirect is being used; there's one which is "got this form, now GET that" and a different one which is "please try again over there"); the fix for this would presumably be to tell Mailman itself that its canonical URL root is HTTPS.

Could someone (well, Zooko, according to the Mailman info) look into this?

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>