[tahoe-dev] tahoe backup re-uploads old files

Marco Tedaldi marco.tedaldi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 19:45:19 UTC 2012

Hello everyone

I'm a member of VG2 and using it for backing up my collection of digital
pictures i took with my camera over the years...

Today it was finally done. The first full backup of my digital pictures
was finished.
Now, I immedediately started a new run to get the changes since the
start of the last run into the backup as well.

To my surprise it skipped some old pictures (which I consider normal)
but started uploading one of the old pictures I had for sure not touched
in the mean time.

I've seen this behavior in the past as well when I restarted the backup
after it had failed to complete. So back than, I just blamed it on the
old, incomplete run.
But now, I don't really have an Idea why tahoe should upload this file
again.

It also states on the web interface, that there are no shares already
present. Which is quite surprising as the whole file should already be
there!

I'm using tahoe 1.8.3.

Any ideas what could cause this trouble? What information would you need
to track this issue down?

best regards

Marco