[tahoe-dev] planning a 1.9.1 release

Jimmy Tang jcftang at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:05:40 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Brian Warner <warner at lothar.com> wrote:

> Just a heads up, I'm thinking about making a 1.9.1 release in the near
> future, maybe in a week or two. The main driver is #1628, a serious
> problem with MDMF publish/repair which could hurt file reliability in
> certain circumstances (like when there's been server churn). There's
> also a test failure that hints at a problem when the current version of
> Foolscap is combined with the recently-released Twisted-11.1 (which
> might not affect normal operation, but might provoke a new Foolscap
> release).
>
> The other driver is the upcoming Ubuntu LTS freeze: it'd be nice to get
> this fix into that release.
>
> The other changes that have gone onto trunk since 1.9.0 are fairly
> small: the download-status timeline visualizer was rewritten, the WUI
> got a favicon, openbsd5 support was added, PyCrypto 2.4 was blacklisted,
> and some internal refactoring took place. So I think we're safe basing
> 1.9.1 off of current trunk instead of deriving it from 1.9.0 .
>
> Keep an eye on the 1.9.1 Trac Milestone for details and progress.

I don't have any hard facts or figures, but from recent experiences of
updating tahoe-lafs to 1.9.0 on my eeepc at home (which only has 512mb
of ram and a very small swap disk) I've noticed that twistd 11.1 (and
or foolscap) appears to be using more memory than before at least in
the past the tests didn't fail until i turned on a swap disk to get
more virtual memory.

Jimmy.

--
http://www.sgenomics.org/~jtang/