[tahoe-dev] documentation on how to use the accounts.url option in the sftp and ftp frontends

Patrick R McDonald marlowe at antagonism.org
Wed Jan 11 13:23:36 UTC 2012

> Hi All
>
> I was looking through the docs in relation to the sftp/ftp frontend
> and it mentions an option for an accounts url
>
>  [sftpd]
>  enabled = true
>  port = tcp:8022:interface=127.0.0.1
>  host_pubkey_file = private/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub
>  host_privkey_file = private/ssh_host_rsa_key
>  accounts.url = https://example.com/login
>
> Is there any further documentation on what is returned or expected
> from the accounts.url? What is send to the URL and how? I didn't seem
> to find this in the documentation.

This question came up in IRC the other day.  accounts.url specifies a
login service (similar to that used by Allmydata).  It would send your
credentials (email address and password, if memory serves) and if these
were correct, it would return a rootcap.  I need to make a ticket to
update this in the documentation.  It is already in my todo list.

Patrick

Disclaimer: I haven't had nearly the amount of caffeine I needed, so my
memory may be faulty.