[tahoe-dev] Node correlations - [Was] best practice for wanting to setup multiple tahoe instances on a single node

Olaf TNSB still.another.person at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 03:23:06 UTC 2012

My thought around using introducers was in part to address a use case of
Zooko's suggestion...but as always it might just be my intended use case...

If we are using a local copy of the trusted nodes then it's like we're back
in the good ol' days of maintaining hosts files.

I like the idea (don't get me wrong) but I can envisage setting up an
introducer at location #1 (say, my house) and one at location #2 (different
country perhaps) and also joining a pubgrid. The introducers I control can
have some setup only allowing trusted nodes to connect.

I can then say I treat *my* introducers differently than the pubgrid
without needing to know all nodes connected.

I *think* a generic descriptor is what's needed. Some grids might want
geocoding, some might want to trust at a introducer level, some might want
something else.  I guess the issue then becomes how does a user build a
ruleset for their use case? Is JSON & some scripting language (GNU Guile?)
the answer, or is it over engineering?

Cheers,

Olaf