[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS on pfSense (FreeBSD)?

Vladimir Arseniev vladimira at aport.ru
Tue Jan 17 08:32:11 UTC 2012

We haven't had much success on pfSense 2.0.1 x64 -- even after adding
every package from
<ftp://ftp-archive.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/ports/amd64/packages-8.1-release/Latest>
that we could imagine was needed. Upon reflection, at least some of them
are probably missing from pfSense for very good reasons ;) Anyway, based
on advice from the pfSense forum, I got tahoe-lafs to build on FreeBSD
8.1 last night.

I only had to add four packages: python [2.6.5], py26-setuptools,
py26-twisted [which includes py26-twistedConch] and py26-sqlite3. I also
added wget and unzip for convenience. After building, "...tahoe
--version" reported the expected, and I could create a client.

If tahoe-lafs were a FreeBSD port, I can imagine (very vaguely) how one
might combine it and the required python ports to create a package that
could be added to pfSense. What would it take to do that?