[tahoe-dev] server selection Re: Node correlations - [Was] best practice for wanting to setup multiple tahoe instances on a single node

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Jan 18 11:27:22 UTC 2012

Olaf TNSB <still.another.person at gmail.com> writes:

> And after reading the myriad of use cases I'm leaning towards Zooko's
> suggestion of managing a local file as a start of a broader solution.
>
> I've not got a whole lot of time for coding but will *try* to look into
> Guile (if that's an acceptable path to others) and report back some
> findings.

That seems ok to me (I'm a longtime Scheme fan), but it's amusing to see
scheme as an extension language in a python program.

To make some progress with less work, I would suggest:

  write a design document for expressing locations, and for an upload
  policy that seeks to get geographic diversity.   (with the thought
  that this will need redoing for the Grand Unified Upload Policy, but
  that it's part of getting there rather than wasted)

  implement the above in Python, trying to keep it separated from other
  code  (with the thought that this is the first step towards a) being
  useful and b) designing the (semantic) extension language interface
  that will allow writing arbitrary policies)