[tahoe-dev] Potential use for personal backup

Saint Germain saintger at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 19:12:18 UTC 2012

On Wed, 23 May 2012 00:39:23 +0200, Guido Witmond <guido at wtmnd.nl>
wrote :

> > As for testing, I don't have the remote server yet (I am evaluating
> > different backup strategy/solutions before doing the jump). So
> > unfortunately it would be difficult for me to test right now (I only
> > have my laptop which is only connected when I am using it).
> I can offer you a 25 GB storage node for testing for a short while,
> say a month. It's on my home-adsl with 10Mb/1Mb up- and download
> speeds. Don't expect miracles but it should give you an idea what to
> expect.

Hello,

Guido kindly provided me with a storage node for my testing.
One interesting point is that I started with a 1-out-of-2 scheme (the
other storage node was local on my computer) and that Guido's storage
node was unavailable.
So when I copied a file on the "grid", it was pretty quick.

So that leads to one interesting question. Next time I will connect
with Guido's node available, will it upload the files I have uploaded
on my local storage node ?

If that is the case, I can have quick read/write on the local node ? ;-)

Thanks,