[tahoe-dev] Invitation protocol

Michael Rogers michael at briarproject.org
Mon Jun 11 10:54:47 UTC 2012

Hi Brian,

You assume the invitation code remains secret until Alice and Bob have
completed the protocol, but may be discovered later. Is that a safe
assumption for email, IM, postcards, etc? Later, in the attacks
section, you assume Mallory can eavesdrop on the relay to learn the
channel ID. Why can't she eavesdrop on Alice and Bob to learn the
invitation code?

Maybe an explicit adversary model would be useful.

Cheers,
Michael