[tahoe-dev] tahoe-lafs 1.9.1 shipped in the next Debian stable

bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org
Fri Jun 15 10:59:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

In a hurry to see tahoe-lafs shipped in the next Debian stable release,
I've updated the package, and Micah uploaded it yesterday in sid.

So Debian users can now run a fresher tahoe (1.9.1).

If you have a look at the packages sources, you'll see that I added a
manpage, that I'll be happy to see merged and maintained upstream if of
any help (see debian/tahoe.1).

In this rush against the next Debian stable freeze, I didn't really
checked the status of the next tahoe-lafs release. The point was to see
it included, and it has good chances to be! :)

Now if a new tahoe-lafs release has to come soon, and moreover with tons
of bug fixes, I'd be happy to package it so that this version would be
shipped.

But the Debian freeze is coming closer, so I was wondering if you people
think that the new tahoe-lafs release will pop up in sufficient time, that
is in the next 7/10 days (a bit less would help)?

I understand this is quite short and I do not summon you to release
because of Debian internal agenda. It will include tahoe-lafs anyway.

A workaround might be to find a bug that would be considered RC for
Debian. If it pops up something in your mind, please tell me. :)

Still good to see this project releasing yet again.

bert.