[tahoe-dev] tahoe-lafs 1.9.1 shipped in the next Debian stable

bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org
Fri Jun 15 20:27:42 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 06:17:09PM +0100, David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:
> On 15/06/12 11:59, bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org wrote:
> There's a manpage in docs/man/tahoe.1.

My bad, seems I didn't dig far enough in that path. Soon to be corrected
in the packaging then. Thanks for the pointing.

> > But the Debian freeze is coming closer, so I was wondering if you people
> > think that the new tahoe-lafs release will pop up in sufficient time, that
> > is in the next 7/10 days (a bit less would help)?
>
> I think that can be done. I'll provisionally set the deadline for next
> Wednesday (5 days from now). That does assume that no additional
> regressions are found before then.

Good to read! I'll make sure to have some time left to update the package
when needed. I'll pop up on the chan.

> > A workaround might be to find a bug that would be considered RC for
> > Debian. If it pops up something in your mind, please tell me. :)
>
> 1.9.0/1 introduced several regressions in mutable file support (relative
> to 1.8.3) that will be fixed in 1.9.2.

Saw some bugs about that lately. Seems that we won't have to use them
anyway. Yet another reason to have it in the next Debian stale release
still. I'll ping Micah so that he'll upload it right in time. :)

bert.