[tahoe-dev] tahoe-lafs 1.9.1 shipped in the next Debian stable

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Sat Jun 23 02:40:05 UTC 2012

On 22/06/12 16:51, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> Also, it would be great to have some actual users try out 1.9.2 before
> we finalize it.

Definitely! Especially if you reported/experienced a bug against 1.9.1
or earlier that has been fixed (see
https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/query?milestone=1.9.2&group=resolution)
we'd like you to test whether the fix works for you, but more general
testing is also very much appreciated.

> Users! You can do this right now if you're willing to
> use darcs to fetch the source. This is actually painless -- you just
> acquire darcs (http://wiki.darcs.net/Binaries) and then you run
>
> darcs get --lazy https://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/1.9.2
>
> Then you never have to touch darcs again.
>
> That command takes about 60 seconds to run.
>
> Oh, but it might fail if the darcs binary you got is incapable of
> handling HTTPS. In that case, you give up and complain to us and we'll
> post some tar.gz files for you to try out...

I posted a source tarball for 1.9.1a1 at

https://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/snapshots/allmydata-tahoe-1.9.2a1.tar.gz

(also .tar.bz2 and .zip). No SUMO or gpg signatures though.

--
David-Sarah Hopwood ⚥