[tahoe-dev] keeping private grids private

Jimmy Tang jcftang at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 08:34:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Vladimir Arseniev <vladimira at aport.ru> wrote:

> Well, we consider it prudent :) And yes, we have tried I2P, using one of
> the public Tahoe-LAFS grids. It was painfully slow. But that was I2P via
> VPNs, with no open ports. Maybe we could do better, using VPN servers
> that permit port forwarding.
>
>> (this is not entirely a joke, you could bootstrap a private
>> i2p/ network in friendnet/darknet mode and route/tunnel only
>> between your nodes ;)
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look into it.

Setting up a private i2p network might be getting OT. But I'd be
interested as well in finding out how to setup a private i2p network
if you ever figure out or find documentation on how to boot strap one
for your community, please share the documentation on how its done ;)

Thanks,
Jimmy.

--
http://www.sgenomics.org/~jtang/