[tahoe-dev] Boulder Hack Fest!

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Mar 26 19:24:14 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 07:08:22PM +0100, David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:
> On 26/03/12 14:31, Shawn Willden wrote:
> > You were denied entry?  Was any reason given?
>
> It had to do with me misunderstanding a requirement of the visa waiver
> programme. I'd rather not go into more detail here; it's not relevant to
> tahoe-dev (except that it might limit my ability to go to future Tahoe-LAFS
> summits in the US unless I can get a visa).

I don't see how what you do is different from being a tourist. You're not
reimbursed, you're not studying, this is all about a tourist attending an
event for fun. Hackfests are fests, right?

Unlike India, you won't even get people snooping around, trying to revoke
your tourist status by virtue of attending a "professional conference".