[tahoe-dev] Does anyone care about cygwin?

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Sat Mar 31 19:27:22 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 6:59 PM, David-Sarah Hopwood
<david-sarah at jacaranda.org> wrote:
>  Does anyone actually care about cygwin (that is, running Tahoe using cygwin Python, not running the CLI from a cygwin shell using native Python, which already works)? If so, speak up.

Marcus W has contributed a cygwin buildslave:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/buildbot-tahoe-lafs/builders/Marcus%20Cygwin%20WinXP

It is running cygwin Python.

I tend to consider "someone contributes a reliable buildslave" as the
best indicator of interest in a platform. On the other hand, I guess
if Marcus says he doesn't actually care about cygwin and will convert
his buildslave to test something else, then there is *definitely* a
vote of no-confidence for cygwin. :-)