[tahoe-dev] Potential use for personal backup

erpo41 at gmail.com erpo41 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 03:28:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents. No offense to the devs, but I don't
fully trust Tahoe's encryption. It may be open source, but the community is
small compared to, say, gpg, so I can't depend on independent code audits
by experts I trust. Plus, implementation errors are always a possibility.

That's why I encrypt everything myself before uploading. It's a strategy
that works as well with google drive or dropbox as it does with
volunteergrid2.

Cheers,
Eric