[tahoe-dev] Hello & Questions

til tilllt at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 08:54:06 UTC 2012

Hello People,

i am trying to set up a Tahoe grid with some people but i must admit that the "Quickstart" guide is not really suitable for beginners like me. My feeling is that somebody wrote this who has a lot of knowledge about the underlying technical fundaments of Tahoe, which I (and probably a large amount of potential users) dont have - and maybe even not so much need at the beginning. If there is a tahoe USER list that i did not find, please tell me where it is!

If there isn't: i would be willing to volunteer to write a "dummies guide to installing" Tahoe-LAFS but i would need to ask a lot of questions to you guys, as there are a lot of things i don't understand so far.

Is this the right place to start? would this kind of guide be a welcome addition to the Tahoe Docs or is the project generally aimed towards people who understand the underlying tech?

cheers,
t.