[tahoe-dev] How much size if data fragments are sent to each server

Powell Tallen powelltallen at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 09:51:00 UTC 2012

Thanks Frederik,

Yes that answers the question as to whether I can adjust N, H and K. If I got you correct, it means I can adjust (set) these parameters in tahoe.cfg. Does that mean I can change these values? If yes what are the minimum/maximum allowable figures (N, H and K).

One question that I asked that is answered but I am not sure of what it means in the maths "........ each share is a third (i.e. 1/K) of the real file". Does that mean that the size of the fragments of data sent to each server is the same (equal to 1 third of the whole file?)? Can I send different (unequal eg half, 1 fourth, 1 third, etc) sizes of fragments of the data to each server?
Regards
Powell