[tahoe-dev] does Tahoe support IPv6 fully?

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Wed Oct 10 14:12:34 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> I would to like to try running it on cjdns, which is IPv6-only.
> Is IPv6 supported?

Hello Eugen. Interesting idea to run Tahoe-LAFS over cjdns!
Unfortunately, Tahoe-LAFS doesn't work with IPv6 yet.

Here's the main ticket tracking this within Tahoe-LAFS: #867. It is
currently blocked on getting Foolscap working over IPv6: Foolscap
ticket #155. Foolscap ticket #155 is marked as being blocked on
getting Twisted working over IPv6: Twisted ticket #3014, but I think
that might not actually be true anymore. Since that Foolscap ticket
#155 was created, the Twisted folks have made a great deal of progress
on adding IPv6 support. See the Twisted wiki page about IPv6:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/IPv6

It could be that with the implementation of Twisted is sufficient.
However, we would still need someone to do a little bit of work to
make Foolscap expose that functionality -- see the details in the
Foolscap #155 ticket.

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/867# use ipv6

http://foolscap.lothar.com/trac/ticket/155# handle IPv6

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3014# Support IPv6 at least as