[tahoe-dev] progress on Tahoe-LAFS v1.10.0

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 19:38:19 UTC 2013

Folks:

I just made a pass through the 1.10 Milestone:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/milestone/1.10.0

I don't see any more tickets that I can directly help with.

So, for this coming Weekly Dev Chat (Thursday), we're going to hack on v1.11!

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/milestone/1.11.0

Here are the themes for v1.11. Actually this is too many and we should
pick the ones we value the most:

 • improve the automation for continuous integration and release
process so that it is easier to make a release at the push of a
button; improve the unit tests
 • improve the error messages, diagnostics, and transparency so that
when users aren't getting what they want, they at least get
information that can help them (and us) understand why they didn't get
what they wanted (#1941)
 • improve peer selection to achieve happiness whenever possible,
including in repair
 • less-authority cap types needed to repair
 • integrate the fruits of the Google Summer of Code 2010:
   • XSalsa20+AES-128 Encryption in Tahoe-LAFS, enhancements to
pycryptopp (HKDF, HMAC, XSalsa20) (Yu Xue, Jack) #1164
   • make sure Tahoe-LAFS v1.10.0 is a good platform for running
Josip's Music Player (Josip, David-Sarah) #1023
   • integrate #68 (Faruq's GSoC project, now maintained by killyourtv)
   • make mutable files (Kevan's GSoC project, now in trunk) more
robust and make MDMF the default

--Z