[tahoe-dev] Fail to use LAFS through FUSE

Daira Hopwood davidsarah at leastauthority.com
Fri Aug 2 03:58:43 UTC 2013

On 29/07/13 09:49, Steven Lee wrote:
> Hello everyone, last time I tried to use LAFS through FUSE following the FAQ doc, I took the pyfilesystem way. It works well the first time, however, it's unstable and now I can never mount my grid to my local file system. I was constantly receiving this message:
>> TypeError: an integer is required
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fs/expose/fuse/fuse_ctypes.py", line 294, in _wrapper_
>>     return func(*args, **kwargs) or 0
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fs/expose/fuse/fuse_ctypes.py", line 425, in readdir
>>     set_st_attrs(st, attrs)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fs/expose/fuse/fuse_ctypes.py", line 239, in set_st_attrs
>>     setattr(st, key, val)

This looks like <https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1634>.
Please describe your symptoms on that ticket.

> Then I thought maybe it is because it is not officially maintained by Tahoe-LAFS devs, so I turned to the sshfs way. And here are the steps I have done following this link(https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/docs/frontends/FTP-and-SFTP.rst):
> 1. Created an Account File(BASEDIR/private/accounts) with content:
>    > & This is a password line, (username, password, cap)
>    > alice 112233 URI:DIR2:t4dodzavelabqimfstdyag6oae:bqj4k5lqovhugkckg7gegnhvdgjimoots2fw6qchyrjqbec5pm6a
> 2. Added the following lines to the BASEDIR/tahoe.cfg file
>    > [sftpd]
>    > enabled = true
>    > port = tcp:8022:interface=127.0.0.1
>    > host_pubkey_file = private/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub
>    > host_privkey_file = private/ssh_host_rsa_key
>    > accounts.file = private/accounts
> 3. Restart my grid. In addition, BASEDIR mentioned above is the base directory of by client node.
> 4. Installed openssh and tried to execute this command:
>    > sshfs tahoe at localhost: ~/tahoe
> 5. This is what I got:
>    > read: Connection reset by peer

Please try these debugging options mentioned in
<https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/SftpFrontend>:

# If you encounter problems, please use the debugging options
# -o debug,sshfs_debug,loglevel=debug [to sshfs] and send the resulting log
# to the tahoe-dev list. Also the log output from the gateway, which can be
# captured as described at docs/logging.rst, may be helpful.

--
Daira Hopwood ⚥