[tahoe-dev] Node alert function

Anders Genell anders.genell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 08:08:47 UTC 2013

Dear devs!

We are continuing to deploy our friendnet dubbed RegnmolNET (the rain cloud in Swedish). One thing we thought of in addition to make the web welcome page color blindness proof was to have some daemon monitoring nodes and if they have been disconnected for more than XX hours or days sending a notification to e.g. an email address.
Would this be something that would be worth including in tahoe? If not, is there a simple text file listing nodes that are connected/disconnected that we can parse to automate an alert?
If not, is there some python API call or similar to that end?

Best regards,
Anders