[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS, Tor and Tails

Kill Your TV killyourtv at i2pmail.org
Fri Aug 16 19:31:07 UTC 2013

Sorry for the delayed response.

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 14:17:48 +0000 (UTC)
Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote:

> Any reason to not have these patches in Tahoe proper?

I don't think so. AFAICT they're mostly waiting on unit tests to be
writen.

> Also, why don't you use torsocks with an i2p configuration file? I'd
> take a patch to torsocks that adds an i2p configuration file, if you
> want. I suspect everyone else would be fine with it.

We don't have SOCKS tunnels configured by default. I'd like to get
torsocks working for us. (I'll look into that).

> What do you think about a grid that is all Tor hidden services and
> then also has some i2p eep sites as well? Is there a way to compose
> Tor and I2P?

ATM I'm not sure of the best way to make that happen but that'd be very
useful.

> > Whenever I test our installation script on PCs/VMs that don't have
> > I2P, the tahoe installation process doesn't successfully go out to
> > the internet. The installation looks the same as it does when one is
> > completely disconnected from the internet.
> >

> > tl;dr: Your bootstrap script should fine. :)
>
> Do you want to extend it so that it works for both of us?

I've been meaning to extend it so that the files can be downloaded from
my Tor hosted mirror
(<http://lqvh3k6jxck6tw7w.onion/tahoe-lafs/install/>).

I just pushed the script to github @
https://github.com/kytvi2p/tahoe-i2p-install. Maybe some of it will be