[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS, Tor and Tails

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 21:30:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote:

> Are there open bugs and a sketch of what each unit test would look like?

Jeff from the I2P project has added the tag "i2p-collab" to all of the
tickets that are current blocking their use of Tahoe-LAFS trunk:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/query?status=!closed&keywords=~i2p-collab

There are currently two tickets in that category.

I added the "i2p-collab" tag to the relevant tickets in the foolscap trac:

http://foolscap.lothar.com/trac/query?status=!closed&keywords=~i2p-collab

There are currently two tickets in that category.

I just updated #1010 to reflect the discussion we had in Weekly Dev
Chat this week ¹.

It seems to me that there is a missing ticket here, which is to make
it possible to configure your LAFS node to *never* open outgoing
connections that are *not* over an anonymizing layer such as Tor or
I2P. Currently, as I understand these tickets, even with all of these
tickets implemented, if someone told your LAFS node that it ought to
connect to another LAFS node on an IPv4 address, it would proceed to
open a straight IPv4 connection to that other node!

By the way, there is a category in the LAFS trac called "anonymity".
To see those tickets, just go to https://Tahoe-LAFS.org, click on
"View Tickets" ², then click on "anonymity" ³.

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1010# use only 127.0.0.1
as local address

¹ https://tahoe-lafs.org/pipermail/tahoe-dev/2013-August/008674.html
² https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/ViewTickets