Odd issue when uploading really large file

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Mon Dec 9 01:24:13 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 08:53:36AM -0800, Jeff Tchang wrote:
> I just tahoe put a very large file but it doesn't seem to show up when I do
> tahoe ls.
>
> Am I missing something? I have set my redundancy to 1 of 1 and only have
> one storage node. The storage node's storage directory increased by 6.6GB
> which was the size of the file so it definitely transferred over to the
> other server.
>
> -Jeff

How did you put the file?

If you used the "tahoe put" command without a destination argument, you'll have
created an unlinked file (the read cap of which was printed to stdout). If this
is what you did, if you still have the read capability that was printed by
tahoe put you can quickly add the file to a directory using the "tahoe ln"
command. If you don't have the read capability anymore, you can put the file
again (adding a destination argument such as "tahoe:" if you have a tahoe alias
called "tahoe") and the file will be reencoded but won't need to be reuploaded
(if you don't change your convergance secret).

~leif