setting up Tahoe on Windows7

karol.przybylak karol.przybylak at onet.eu
Sat Dec 14 14:15:38 UTC 2013

Hi guys!
This is a question from a non computer scientist. If you wonder how deep you have to go in your explanations, here is an example : in the quickstart section I read "Unpack the zip file and cd into the top-level directory." and I was looking for a .iso to be mounted....

I need more detailed instructions on how to install Tahoe on win 7. I have installed Python 2.7 and downloaded and unzipped the tahoe distribution into "C:\TahoeCloud" and now I should run "python setup.py build" but I don't even know if I should run it in the  Python shell or in cmd? It doesnt work in neither for me... Please give me a little more detailed instructions and I will post back the errors I get, if any... I tried in several ways and got multiple errors so don't want to post all of them.

Regards,
Karol