[tahoe-dev] Newbie problems

Owen Thomas owen.thomas at redoakconsulting.co.uk
Sun Feb 3 14:55:27 UTC 2013

Hi

I am trying to get Tahoe up and running on a Windows client, before building my own distributed grid. I followed the guidance in running.rst and tried pointing at the public test introducer.

Unfortunately when I opened the web client it states that it is not connected to the introducer.

I am (obviously?) doing something stupid but can't work out what it is. I've tried Google, but nothing turns up.

(I also tried setting up my own test introducer - on the Windows box - which did connect ok. However I hadn't set up any storage so couldn't play.)

I am sitting behind a NAT. I have checked my firewall settings and can go out on all ports. I can ping the introducer host (128.59.153.44) and a trace route looks sensible.

Any ideas?

Owen