[tahoe-dev] Newbie problems

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Mon Feb 4 13:37:15 UTC 2013

"erpo41 at gmail.com" <erpo41 at gmail.com> writes:

> I liked the test grid when I was just getting started. If I had had to set
> up my own introducer and server and client just to try it out, I probably
> would have passed. I definitely would not have set up multiple VMs to play
> with different values of n and h.
>
> To prevent abuse, we could just set the expiration time for files to 48
> hours.

My impression is that the cause of the abuse (not fair, I know) is the
public gateway.  Once you need to set up a client to use it, the effort
becomes too high compared to other file distribution methods.  I found
the pubgrid very useful when getting started, and the public WUI not
really that useful.