[tahoe-dev] Newbie problems

Paul Rabahy prabahy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 14:06:40 UTC 2013

I volunteer to become "Test Grid Wrangler". I setup a new introducer and
hooked up a storage node to it.
https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/TestGrid has been updated with
the new introducer furl and public test directory.

It still appears that I need to setup some more port forwarding or
something because I cannot connect to it from outside my LAN. I'll try to
do that this evening (Eastern Timezone).

@Till, I haven't seen a setting for this. My main thought is that if a
person was trying to abuse the system they could just break the file into
many small chunks and upload them all. Hopefully once the accounting
project is finished we will be able to set per-user storage limits.

@Eric, Agreed. The test grid was the first place I went to quickly try out
Tahoe-LAFS. Without it, I believe that I would have lost interest and tried
to find a different product.

@Greg, My plan is to have a public introducer, but each user will have to
setup their own node. If another person sets up a public WUI, I don't know
if there is much I will be able to do about it. We can cross that bridge
if/when we come to it.