[tahoe-dev] Tahoe CLI vs WUI interfaces

Tom Vecchione tvecchione at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 23:24:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a Tahoe client box on my test grid (hostname: L126).  At a command
prompt window, I use the Tahoe CLI to mkdir some directories, do some
tahoe put's get's cp's, mv's etc.  I can do a tahoe ls -l and see the dirs and files
I've created.

Next I open a web browser and connect to the same box: L126
via nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:3456
I use the web xface to do the same things, create dirs, upload, download, etc.

I go back to the CLI on L126 and do a tahoe ls -l and don't see the files I
uploaded thru the WUI.

If I do
# tahoe ls -l URI:CHK:bgxz6h6hsaevrccypo243q5d7y:b6sgpch2tv655rwcqtfksubstxs37uvksivm3wylyhgw6tx5uv3q:3:10:3036

I *do* see the file info.

I can also do a
# tahoe get URI:CHK:bgxz6h6hsaevrccypo243q5d7y:b6sgpch2tv655rwcqtfksubstxs37uvksivm3wylyhgw6tx5uv3q:3:10:3036

and get the original text.

Does that mean I have to know the URI for every dir/file I've manipulated with
the WUI when I use the CLI?  Is there a way in either the CLI or the WUI
to see all the URIs?  Is there a way to reconstruct a URI if I didn't save it?

Thanks again for any help.

Tom Vecchione