[tahoe-dev] A simple 2 nodes replication

Paul Rabahy prabahy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 14:15:56 UTC 2013

I believe that you need to set .happy to 1. With happy set to 1, it will
still try to upload a share to both nodes, but it consider the upload a
success as long as 1 share uploaded successfully. I have found that in
practice, both shares will end up on the node that is online (when one is
offline).

Once the second node comes back online, you should run "tahoe check
--repair" to improve the redundancy of the shares that were uploaded while
a node was offline. Please verify this, I am a little unclear on if
--repair just does a repair (regenerate missing shares), or also does a
rebalance (move shares from node to node to improve redundancy).

Hopefully that helps.