[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #867: use ipv6

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Feb 16 21:05:41 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 03:14:54PM +0200, Randall Mason wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, fe80:: addresses should probably be ignored, as they are meant to
> > be used only on a single link.

Please do not forget http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cjdns and related, which

cjdns addresses are the first 16 bytes (128 bits) of the SHA-512 of the public key. All addresses must begin with the byte 0xFC, which in IPv6 resolution, is a private address (so there is no collision with any external Internet addresses).