[tahoe-dev] "No Conversations in the Bug Tracker", help wanted for Tahoe-LAFS Weekly News

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Mon Feb 18 19:43:49 UTC 2013

"Zooko O'Whielacronx" <zookog at gmail.com> writes:

> The problem with this, according to Karl's book, is that then people
> who read the mailing list are left out of conversations like that one.
> That's a serious problem that can stymie forward progress. On the
> other hand, I think this style has been working okay for us. If you
> really want to understand all of the technical decisions, and the
> reasoning behind them, then you have to read the trac timeline as your
> daily newspaper or subscribe to get email from trac anytime a new
> comment is published.

This is a tough issue.  At work, I make the entire project get all
ticket comments.  But those are people spending at least 20 hours/week
on the project.  Here, it seems like perhaps the trac-stream should go
to tahoe-dev.  But that might drive people away (even more than my v6
ranting :-).
So I think the way tahoe is set up now is ok.