[tahoe-dev] Multiple introducers / single grid

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Fri Jan 18 01:32:03 UTC 2013

On 17/01/13 00:27, Tom Vecchione wrote:

> I have a test Tahoe grid with 19 servers.
> Each server has one spindle.
> Each spindle has one tahoe <storage or client> node.
> One of the spindles has one storage node and one introducer node.
> In the FAQ page at tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/FAQ,
> have answers to Q17 been updated any time recently?
>
> In other words, in tahoe-1.9.2, can I run multiple introducers
> (on multiple different spindles) on the test grid described above?
> Without adding Faruque's changes?

Not currently, no. You can of course back up the introducer directory
so that you can quickly switch to another copy of it if there is a failure
of the machine running the introducer.

(Note that the location hints in the introducer furls configured in each
server's tahoe.cfg would need to be changed, unless they use a DNS name
that now points to the host running the new introducer.)

--
David-Sarah Hopwood ⚥