[tahoe-dev] Windows install trouble

Mike Nation mnation at CVT.ORG
Wed Jul 3 15:36:53 UTC 2013

Just confirming one last time that there aren't any ideas as to why I'm receiving this error when trying to connect to the testgrid:

c:\allmydata-tahoe-1.10.0>bin\tahoe.pyscript start

	STARTING 'C:\Users\mnation\.tahoe'
	'C:\Users\mnation\.tahoe' does not look like a directory at all

This is on Windows 7 x64.  The .tahoe directory that the error references isn't present in my user folder.

Thanks,

mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Nation
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 11:41 AM
To: Tahoe-LAFS development; Daira Hopwood
Cc: Daira Hopwood
Subject: RE: [tahoe-dev] Windows install trouble

I didn't copy paste accurately before.  Here's the real output of the scriptsetup command

	Setting up environment to run scripts for the current user...
	Already done: associate the filetype .pyscript with Python.File for the current
	user.
	Already done: add .pyscript to the user environment variable PATHEXT.
echo %PATHEXT% doesn't list either of the python extensions.

I'm running Win7 x64

Here's the output you requested:
	c:\allmydata-tahoe-1.10.0>c:\Python27\python setup.py scriptsetup
	running scriptsetup

	Setting up environment to run scripts for the current user...
	Already done: associate the filetype .pyscript with Python.File fo
	user.
	Already done: add .pyscript to the user environment variable PATHE
	Already done: add .pyw to the user environment variable PATHEXT.

Any ideas why I'm running into this error trying to connect to the public testgrid?

	c:\allmydata-tahoe-1.10.0>bin\tahoe.pyscript start

	STARTING 'C:\Users\mnation\.tahoe'
	'C:\Users\mnation\.tahoe' does not look like a directory at all

I checked, and the .tahoe  directory doesn't exist.

Thanks,

mike