[tahoe-dev] report from Tahoe-LAFS Weekly Dev Chat 2013-07-04

Zooko Wilcox-OHearn zooko at leastauthority.com
Thu Jul 4 17:10:35 UTC 2013

in attendance: Oleksandr, Zooko (scribe), Mark_B, Amber

First we looked at the last remaining test failure that happens on
Mark's #1382 branch. The test failure is in test_each_byte ¹, when it
is supposed to be corrupting the ciphertext hash tree. Mark_B's
changes changed the corrupted share from share-num 0 to share-num 2,
although this test really shouldn't be sensitive to *which* sharenum
was being corrupted. We began to suspect that the offsets in
"need_4th_victims" might be incorrect with respect to the layout
specified in src/allmydata/immutable/layout.py ², but we stopped
before confirming that. Mark is going to email Brian (the primary
author of that test) and ask for help.

I drew

Then we talked about what else Mark should work on, since he is mostly
done with his original GSoC project (☺!). I asked what he was
interested in. He suggested

¹ https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/src/allmydata/test/test_download.py?annotate=blame&rev=3d771132a843a85578dc23a6cac55b4fae09fc64#L945

² https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/src/allmydata/immutable/layout.py?annotate=blame&rev=3668cb3d068b7f3a56cc88e7c45d4f81c0b4f499#L27

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1382# immutable peer