[tahoe-dev] Installation on Mac

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Jul 18 13:31:29 UTC 2013

til <tilllt at yahoo.com> writes:

> so not surprisingly this fails:
> python setup.py install

In general, running "python" is unreliable, vs "pythonN.M", because
python can change where it points to.  This is more of a concern for
packaging systems, and I don't think your issue at present, but I think
the use of unqualfied python should be avoided.

If you're going to install to the system path, you have to be root.  But
not for the build, in theory.  So I don't understand what's going on.

For what it's worth, I used tahoe on mac via pkgsrc (www.pkgsrc.org),
and tahoe and all dependencies are packaged.  It seems to work as well
as it does anywhere else.