[tahoe-dev] lafs-giab - 0.1 release.

Callme Whatiwant nejucomo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 21:27:43 UTC 2013

Hello,

I wrote before about the lafs_giab.py script which simplifies
creating, configuring, and launching a local self-contained "grid in a
box".  This is useful when you want to setup a throw-away grid to test
interaction with the webapi or other front-ends, and it's probably
useful for other scenarios.

Today I've given it a home on PyPI and packaging metadata, so now you
can install it with:

  $ pip install lafs-giab

This will attempt to install allmydata-tahoe, which is a dependency.
However, there's currently a bug [1] which prevents installing
allmydata-tahoe in a pristine python environment.  The work-around is
to first install twisted, so in a pristine environment this works:

  $ pip install twisted
  $ pip install lafs-giab # -or allmydata-tahoe

The primary README, revision control, and issue tickets live here:

https://github.com/nejucomo/lafs-giab

Regards,
nejucomo

refs:

[1] https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/2032

The bug is actually in the Nevow dependency, which we plan to remove
as a dependency.