[tahoe-dev] Tahoe WUI enhancement suggestion

Daira Hopwood (formerly David-Sarah) davidsarah at leastauthority.com
Tue Jun 18 00:37:53 UTC 2013

On 16/06/13 22:31, Till Steinmetz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> wouldnt it make sense if it was possible to directly access the aliases defined in
> basedir/private/aliases from the web gui instead of only being able to access
> directorys by uri, or did I oversee the option to do this?

It's not easy to make the aliases accessable from the web-UI without
exposing them to cross-site scripting attacks. We may be able to
support that by adding a "control panel" that requires authentication
(and is either served from a different origin to file content or uses
something like HTML5 sandbox to isolate it from other scripts), but
that will require a lot of development effort.

--
Daira Hopwood ⚥