[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs-trac-stream] [tahoe-lafs] #1988: don't stop the process if you can't execute "ifconfig" or "route.exe"

Paul Rabahy prabahy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 03:14:46 UTC 2013

I was just about to suggest Greg's last point. I would move the "IP auto
discovery" out of the server and into the introducer. The local machine is
one of the worst reference points for getting your publicly visible IP (I
almost always think in a P2P, public grid way). I can see leaving an
override for privacy purposes, but there is nothing to stop the Introducer
from announcing the IP it sees anyway.