[tahoe-dev] github plan?

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Sun Mar 3 23:08:22 UTC 2013

On 03/03/13 16:12, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I have a repo cloned from "warner", and so do a lot of others, but now
> it seems like the tahoe-lafs organization account is the official repo.
> So I am wondering if I (and everyone else cloned off warner@), and maybe
> even Brian's repo, should remove them and re-fork off the official one.
>
> https://github.com/warner/tahoe-lafs/network/members

If Brian's repo re-forked, would that would disrupt viewing the history
before the point at which tahoe-lafs/tahoe-lafs was originally forked
from it? I don't know.

It's not strictly necessary for other repos to re-fork. The advantage
of doing so is that they'll get updates from trunk faster, because they
won't have to wait for Brian to pull from trunk to his repo. But not
re-forking does not create any impediment to integrating patches from
those repos.

--
David-Sarah Hopwood ⚥