[tahoe-dev] Performance question: reading from/writing to a grid of 4 data centers using 9-out-of-24 coding

Oleksandr Drach luckyredhot at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 13:21:07 UTC 2013

Robin,
Thank your for your valuable results!

Tahoers,
I guess we must perform additional test and get some sets of "real"
bandwidth numbers which may be put later in
FAQ<https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/FAQ>
.

For new users it is really important to understand the "real" numbers
quickly but not to read the whole boring
Performance<https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/Performance>and
Perfromance/Old<https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/Performance/Old>
.

2013/3/6 Robin Chen <rcccym at gmail.com>

> 24 VM's (running under OpenStack) in 4 data centers.   Each VM has two 2
> VCPU's, 4GB of memory, and 50GB of disk space (40GB for Tahoe storage).

*Sincerely,
Oleksandr Drach.*